If you've suddenly found yourself with a little extra time on your hands, now would be an ideal time to give your Crimsafe security screens some TLC.
Crimsafe have a range of cleaning products that have been specifically formulated to help you restore and maintain the original condition of your Crimsafe investment. And the best part? They are now available for you to purchase directly from our website from the comfort and self-isolating safety of your couch.
There's no doubt about it - Crimsafe is built tough! However, a little bit of cleaning and regular maintenance will keep your Crimsafe in its original condition for many years to come.
All Crimsafe security screens are made from our 304 Structural Grade stainless steel mesh. It's prepared using a high-grade pre-treatment, then coated with a high-durability, UV fade-resistant powder coating, to further protect and enhance the finished product. It's inherently resistant to corrosion, but over time, mesh products can trap airborne dirt and impurities, which can affect the appearance and UV resistant properties of your security screens.
Occasionally, the mesh of a security screen may appear stained. This is caused by a combination of moisture and airborne impurities that result in reddish marks, or white 'fluffy' marks due to salt build-up. The good news is this can be avoided with a little maintenance, and it's easier than you might think.
Here are some simple steps to clean your Crimsafe security screens:
- Using the micro-fibre cleaning glove, or other soft-gentle cloth, brush over the entire door to remove any loose dirt or impurities. A new paintbrush is also great for getting into those small, hard-to-reach places.
- If necessary, prepare Crimsafe Stain Clean per the instructions on the bottle, and apply to the stained or discoloured sections using a soft-bristled brush. Allow to stand for at least 5 minutes before washing off with clean water.
- Prepare Crimsafe Wash and Wax according to the instructions on the bottle, thoroughly wet all framing and mesh with water and then clean all areas with Wash and Wax using a soft-bristled brush. Rinse off with clean water.
- Dry screen and mesh with a towel and finish with a chamois cloth for a clean and streak-free finish.
- Remember to wear gloves and eye protection when using all cleaning products.
For best results, it is recommended that your security screens are cleaned at least once every six months to ensure you are benefiting from all the attributes of your Crimsafe security screen.
Here are just some of the benefits of regular cleaning:
- Remove airborne dirt and impurities
- Remove stains or discolouration
- Preserve the original quality of your Crimsafe
- Restore the effectiveness of the UV fade-resistant powder coating
- Prevent corrosion and rust from the build-up of impurities or salt
- Extend the life of your Crimsafe investment
All our products are available online or can be purchased directly from your local authorised Crimsafe licensee. For more information, view the full range on our online store here.